Monday, September 21, 2009

First Year College: Business Studies

Approximately a month ago, I just got accepted into The London School of Public Relations Jakarta, a graduate school of communication. However, I prefer to call it college since it just sounds better. I didn't know a lot about it since it's pretty much the only choice of post-secondary education I had since I moved to Jakarta on July 2009.

After several weeks of studying, I learned a lot about business studies and communications in general, as I get more used to it as well. My interest in this field gradually developed up to the point that I have decided to choose my major for my second year. That's right, First year students don't get to pick their major just yet. They have to take introductory courses which provide them brief information and previews of what's up ahead. There are five choice of majors in this school, which are Public Relations, Marketing, Mass Communications, Advertising, and Performing Arts Communication. In summary, students of semester one and two are learning a little bit of those field of studies.

I'm starting to like this place. Classes are only held on Monday to Thursday and the rest are day offs. The lecturers and professors are great and professional in delivering the materials, which doesn't bore the students and are able to make the learning process here enjoyable.

No comments: